These muffins are possibly the best things that I have ever found a recipe for; they have the most delightfully round tops and taste exactly like doughnuts. I could keep ranting about how delicious they are but I’ll just get on to the recipe.
Muffins That Taste Like Doughnuts
Makes: 42 Mini Muffins
- 1-3/4 cup Flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoons Salt
- 1/2 teaspoons Nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoons Cinnamon
- 1/3 cups Oil
- 3/4 cups White Sugar
- 1 whole Egg
- 3/4 cups Milk
- 1/4 cup of Butter
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon Cinnamon
- 1/4 cup Powdered Sugar
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt, nutmeg and cinnamon in one bowl.
- Combine oil, sugar, egg and milk in another bowl.
- Mix the dry ingredients into the wet until they’re well mixed.
- Fill muffin tins half way with batter, these muffins rise a fair bit.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes, until they’re golden brown
- In a microwave safe bowl melt butter, mix sugar and cinnamon in one bowl, and put powdered sugar in another
- Dip hot muffins in melted butter and then the cinnamon sugar or powdered sugar